Re: mysterious bracket for a TR3?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mysterious bracket for a TR3?
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 18:15:47 -0500
>I have found another mysterious bracket upon reassembly of my TR3a.  It is
> black metal, about 5" x 2", and has 2 cutout areas in it.  It also has 3
> slots for mounting screws and it has several different levels to it.  Does
> anyone know what this is?
> Thanks,
> Paul Dorsey

Paul,

You may need to give us a bit more to go on.  What shape are the "cutouts"?
Three slots for mounting screws are where...on each end, end-middle-end?
Not sure what different levels means.

Any sense whether this is located in the dash section?

...What the hay, this could be one of the 18 or so parts one expects to have
leftover as we scratch our heads over our finished restorations!

:o)

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  (Body still off, still waiting for the body guy, the rest still
pretty much done, and still waiting for my beautiful wood Moto Lita steering
wheel I shouldn't have bought but am glad I did.)
New Hampshire, and hoping for a first drive next June.

===     http://www.vtr.org