RE: SU H6 rebuild

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: SU H6 rebuild
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:11:57 -0800
> Correctly centering the jet is critical.

I agree !  But instead of removing the spring (I assume you mean the spring
inside the dashpot ?), I remove the mixture nut and push the jet upwards
beyond it's normal position.  By moving it higher on the taper of the needle
(but not touching the piston, obviously), I'm assured that there is some
clearance with the jet in it's normal position.  This can even be done with
the carbs still on the engine (since I got in the habit of changing the
seals that way).

BTW, I was never happy with the centering job done by the tool included in
the SU tool kit.  Has anyone else gotten this method to work ?

Randall