Re: TR3A Assembly Questions

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Assembly Questions
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:51:46 -0700
David Willett wrote:

> 2. I am slowly edging towards installing the wiring harness.
> Presumably there is a "best" way to go about this; for instance I have
> read somewhere that it is a good idea to do the connections to the
> instrument panel before you install it. Does anyone have any thoughts
> on this? Is there anywhere that shows the correct routing of the wiring?

I made a cardboard mock the center panel to get it all sorted out before
working in the car.  The cardboard center panel included the switches &
warning lights.  I left the center panel mock-up on the harness as I
installed the whole thing in the car.  It was then just a matter of
transferring the wires, switiches & warning lights from the cardboard to
the real center panel which I had loose but with gauges in place.  Be
sure you are feed the wires thru the big hole in the dash if you are
connecting the center panel this way.  Only things I connected after
securing the center panel were the oil line & choke cable.

Routing is pretty simple.... study some reliable photos in Piggotts to
get the right firewall holes.  You can spread the whole harness out on
the living room floor imagining the shape of the car and pretty much see
where things have to go.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ