TR3A Assembly Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Assembly Questions
From: David Willett <willgray@mail.region.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:50:34 -0500
1. In the throttle linkage to the  SU carburetors there is an "L"
shaped crank which pivots on a pin attached to the forward end of the
intake manifold (Part no 84 in the TR 3-4 Carburetor page of the Moss
catalog). On the part that I've got, the pivot pin is not firmly
attached to the small plate which in turn bolts to the manifold (ie.
it flops around a little). Is this correct, or should I peen over the
point of attachment to fix it firmly?

2. I am slowly edging towards installing the wiring harness.
Presumably there is a "best" way to go about this; for instance I
have read somewhere that it is a good idea to do the connections to
the instrument panel before you install it. Does anyone have any
thoughts on this? Is there anywhere that shows the correct routing of
the wiring?

This E-mail message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by our Spam and Virus Scanner program,
See http://www.net2u.com for more information on this service.
Northstar Internet Services ,Your Local Isp.