Re: steering column

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering column
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:54:36 -0700
Terry wrote:

>When I took the center rod out of the steering column, a long white winding of
>white plastic about two inches wide came out with it.  It was wrapped in a
>spiral around the stator.

Tapeworm?  Steering column floss?  Seriously, can't imagine what that
was doing in there.

Did you find a couple of the "Chinese Lanterns" on the stator tube? --
these are the gadgets that center it in the column and keep it fron
banging around.  If no, then perhaps the cord wrap was to intended to
take their place.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4