RE: protecting protective car covers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: protecting protective car covers
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:27:44 -0800
>  I have a car  cover for my
> TR3A that is now so dusty the car stays cleaner with it off than
> with it on.
> The instructions from the manufacturer say not to wash it with
> detergent as
> it will ruin the protective coating. The question is, what then?

One option would be to just wash it in water ... after all that should
remove anything that will come off easily.

Another would be to carve a few curls off of a bar of Ivory soap.  That's
not detergent (unlike most hand soap), but I'm not sure what effect it would
have on the "protective coating".  My grandmother washed clothes for many,
many years in basically the same thing tho (homemade lye soap), so I know it
works.

Randall