Shipping from UK to Canada

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Shipping from UK to Canada
From: Mike Himelfarb <mhimelfarb@shoppersdrugmart.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:25:28 -0500
I'm looking for some imaginative ideas out there to help me solve a
thorny problem.  I have a TR6 O/D transmission sitting in Birmingham,
England that I'm trying to get to Toronto.  Cheapest shipping I've seen
so far is UPS, which will charge about $400 CDN to get it here.  No one
I know does business with the UK so I can't piggyback on a container
load.  Does anyone out there know of a way I can get it over here
cheaply?  Since it's small (30x15x15 in) and not that heavy (100 lbs) I
was thinking it wouldn't take up much space in another shipment.  Also,
if you're in the US and close to the border I'd have absolutely no
problem driving down to pick it up if you can manage to get it that far.
Ideas?

Mike Himelfarb
Director, Production Services Quality
Information Technology Department