Droopy milk bottle turn signal lenses

To: "Jim Lee" <sasjzl@netzero.com>
Subject: Droopy milk bottle turn signal lenses
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:11:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net hADDG1o8014820
Message text written by "Jim Lee"
>The dang milk bottle lenses with the chrome rings.  I could not for
the life of me get them to sit back on the rubber retainer deal.
<snip>
>I have even gone to the trouble of going to the local auto store
>and picked up a cheap round piece of clear plastic lense that fits
perfectly
>in the chrome ring<

Some how I get the impression that you are trying to retain the lenses with
only the chrome ring.  In other words the glass is in direct contact with
the glass.  No wonder you are having trouble.  This is not the way it was
designed.  The lip of the lense slips under the rubber boot inner lip.  The
ring then goes in the outer lip to stabilize the rubber boot and the lense
is then quite secure.

Dave
57 TR3