Re: TR3 on the road again...with more questions

To: Jim Lee <sasjzl@netzero.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 on the road again...with more questions
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:19:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim,

I has the same type of problem once in my first TR3, not a 3A. Mine was
a bit more involved though. If I recall correctly, it was something like
if I had my foot on the brake and the headlights one, the engine would
keep running even with the key off. It turned out that the DPO had
replaced the center brake light/tail light combo at the rear of the car
with the later style license plate light fixture. The DCO, which of
course was me, found these two loose wires at the rear of the trunk that
sure looked like they should be plugged together so that's what I did.
By doing that I connected the lighting circut with the circut which had
the brake line and ignition on it. So when the headlights were on,
current was going from the that circut through the brake light wire and
into the ignition. The only excuse is that I was about 17 at the time
and didn't know any better.

So I would suggest that you check all the wires to the lights and see
if you have something connected to it which is also connected to the
other circut in the car.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge