RE: GM alternator conversion on TR4A: Need wide-belt pulley?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GM alternator conversion on TR4A: Need wide-belt pulley?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:57:09 -0800
> I am pondering doing the GM 7127 alternator swap in my TR4A.
> The TR4A has a "wide" v-belt that drives the water pump and generator.  I
do
> believe that the GM alternator comes with a "small" belt pulley.

You will need to either find a wide-belt pulley that fits your alternator;
or else convert to a narrow belt.  Many of the racer supply houses sell the
narrow belt conversion (BFE, TSi, Moss UK/TriumphTune, etc.), but they
aren't cheap.

When I did mine years ago, I had the original pulley bored out to fit the
alternator shaft.  That's not an ideal solution tho, a smaller diameter
pulley would work better.

Randall