GM alternator conversion on TR4A: Need wide-belt pulley?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM alternator conversion on TR4A: Need wide-belt pulley?
From: "Chris Bohn" <cbohn@sidepipe.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:47:49 -0800
Sorry, another electrical question!

I am pondering doing the GM 7127 alternator swap in my TR4A.  I've read Dan
Masters' instructions from the VTR site.  The connections seem
straightforward.  But, I am confused about the pulley on the alternator.  The
TR4A has a "wide" v-belt that drives the water pump and generator.  I do
believe that the GM alternator comes with a "small" belt pulley.  There was no
mention in Dan's instructions on the need to put a different pulley on the GM
alternator to accommodate the wider belt.  Can anyone (applies to any TR3-4A
owner) who has made the switch the GM alternator enlighten me on this?

Many thanks!

--Chris