RE: Erecting hood (soft top) on TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Erecting hood (soft top) on TR3A
From: "Thomas Neuneck" <Thomas_Neuneck@europe.pall.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:12:47 +0100 Neuneck/Dreieich/Pall(Release 5.0.10 |March 22, 2002) at 05.11.2003 10:12:47, Serialize by Notes Client on Thomas Neuneck/Dreieich/Pall(Release 5.0.10 |March 22, 2002) at 05.11.2003 10:12:47, Serialize complete at 05.11.2003 10:12:47, S/MIME Sign failed at 05.11.2003 10:12:47: Der Verschlüsselungsschlüssel wurde nicht gefunden, Serialize by Router on UKWR-SMTP/ServerInt/Pall/US(Release 5.0.11 |July 24, 2002) at 05/11/2003 09:08:06, Serialize complete at 05/11/2003 09:08:06
Hi all,

Could someone please tell me the most common (easiest) method of
erecting the soft top on a TR3A?  I have restored and refitted the
hoodbows, but the hood seems impossibly tight to fit.  I am worried
about ripping the tenax pegs out of the windscreen!  I know they need to
be stretched and fitted in the sun, but..

Any comments/techniques welcome :-)

I do it according to the directions of the german Triumph clubs :
I raise the bows all completely loosen. Then apply the top and fasten ALL
of the buttons. (at this point there is no tension in the top at all) Then
I get into the car and erect the bows in once. This works best with two
people. (one for erecting one side) Therefore you have the pull bars on
the backside of the pin joints.
And yes, there is quite a lot of tension in top once it is in place. But
this is correct. It has to be so. Never, you can't stress that point
enough, never erect the bows and then try to fit the teenax or
lift-at-dots. To much danger of damaging the knobs themselves or bunk them
out of the top.

regards
Thomas Neuneck
Pall Deutschland GmbH Holding
IT-Services
Philipp Reis Strasse 6
63303 Dreieich

Phone : ++49 (0)6103 307158
Fax : ++49 (0)6103 307182
Mobil : ++49 (0)151 12520154
http://www.pall.com

Anmerkung: Diese Mail einschlie_lich ihrer eventuellen Anhdnge kann
bestimmte rechtliche und/oder vertrauliche Informationen enthalten,
welche nur f|r die namentlich aufgef|hrten Empfdnger bestimmt sind.
Falls Sie nicht einer der aufgef|hrten Empfdnger sind. werden Sie
gebeten, diese e-Mail-Mitteilung weder zu vervielfdltigen noch
weiterzuleiten, sondern sie sofort aus Ihrem Computer zu lvschen.

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and any attachments to it are
intended only for the named recipients and may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the
intended recipients, please do not duplicate or forward this e-mail
message and immediately delete it from your computer.