Re: Erecting hood (soft top) on TR3A

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Erecting hood (soft top) on TR3A
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:23:41 -0700
Chris Jameson wrote:

>Could someone please tell me the most common (easiest) method of
>erecting the soft top on a TR3A?....

You might find it helpful to uncock the joint on each side of the
bowframe a bit while you fasten the top front and rear.  Then as your
last step push that joint into it's "upright and locked position".  I
think this is actually the method described in the TR4 manual, but also
helps on the TR3.

Alternately, you might leave the bow that's just above the rear window
unattached to the webbing.  This allows it to move forward until
everything is fastened, then it can be pushed back into position to
tension the top.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ