Re: The ultimate insult

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The ultimate insult
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:18:52 -0400
On 18 Sep 2003 at 20:15, Peter Fullam wrote:

> ... I  was looking at a beautifully restored Daimler
> SP-250 when [someone] said "Hey, this was built by Chrysler".

Hmm, not all that many people have ever heard of the non-Benz
Daimler, let alone be able to guess that it was English.  I saw my
first SP250's at Summit Point about 30 years ago, raced by some guy
who always brought a pair of red ones.  Come to think of, McLean's
Brit Bits in Rye, NH has a nice-looking pair of red ones for sale.
Hypothetical questions:  Did they only come in red?  Were they always
sold in pairs?

Whenever I drive the GT6 to Autozone, I always get admiring
acknowledgement from the guys in the parking lot, along with "I
didn't know Triumph made cars."  They never have the patience to
listen to the story - different companies, but started as the same a
loooong time ago.

After a month of driving the Spitfire, I've taken the GT6 to work for
the last few days.  I've observed that the road has been rushing up
at me a lot faster.  Isabella is about to put an end to the fun for a
few days tho'.  :-(

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com