re: Piston/Liner Brand Recommendation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Piston/Liner Brand Recommendation
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:08:12 EDT
Terry
If you're in the US I've heard good things about British Parts Northwest.
They sell Mahle piston knockoffs (real Mahles were never made for TRs as far as
know) and good liners.
Proper sized (Standard, .010", .020", .030", etc) Vandervell bearings can be
found if lucky or you have a couple years to kill.
One vtr guy is buying em up from eBay and quadrupling the price.
Whatever bearings are available from BFE, TRF or Moss is probably OK if
you're still in the Standard to .030" range. (thicker ones may overheat easier
so
better quality more important there)
For fun, look around RevintonTR.com and Cambridgemotorsports.com.
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74