RE: TR3 Engine Oil Gallery

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Engine Oil Gallery
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:03:03 -0700
Randall babbled :
== something about cam bearing set screws ==

Oops, sorry guys, I blew it on this one.  The cam bearing set screws are
_on_ the cam bulge, not the oil gallery below it, and there are only 3 of
them.

The bolts on the oil gallery are plugs for oil passage drillings, I believe
the three that are in-line feed both the main bearings and cam bearings,
while the 4th bolt is at a different angle and feeds only the odd cam
bearing.  (3 main bearings but 4 cam bearings, go figure.)

Randall