RE: mystery OD

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mystery OD
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 20:09:58 -0700
> I recently purchased, sight unseen, what was represented to be an A-type
> OD.  It sorta - kinda looks like an A-type: it has the big brass nut
> underneath, solenoid housing on the side, etc.  But the solenoid isn't
> right.  Instead of the axis of the solenoid being vertical, this one is
> almost horizontal.  Anyone have any idea what this is?  Do I have
> a mutant
> A-type, a real find, or did I get snookered?

Sounds like some mutation of an A-type, perhaps from a Triumph Stag or 2000
(both of which I believe have the solenoid mounted horizontal for clearance
reasons).  It should still work OK (assuming you can adapt the rear mount
and drive flange), but the speedo drive gear may be wrong for your speedo.

If you try hard, you could probably even talk me into trading you a solenoid
mount for a TR, for the one you have.

Randall