Re: TR3

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:31:36 +0100
Hi Stu
Are all the pivots / ball joints sound, they won't cause vibration, but they
will allow a slight out of balance to have greater oscillations, therefore
greater vibration.
Also the 15 inch Minilite replicas "Minators" I bought from Moss UK have
flat face wheel nuts like the Stag, not conical nuts, and the nuts are not a
real good fit in the wheel (not Moss' fault) which allows the wheel to run
slightly eccentric setting up a vibration through the whole car very similar
to wheel wobble. I love the look of my wheels, I just wish they located from
the middle, or had conical nuts.
The wheels are definitely balanced correctly as I have been trained to do it
and watched the operatives like a hawk also they have been checked on
another machine at a different shop and came out zero-zero there too. Had a
real hard time convincing the guy to leave the weights on. he kept saying he
had to remove them to re balance them (true) but I only want them checked,
but I have to.....etc

Graham.