TR3

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3
From: "Stu Graham" <gramfam1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:29:57 -0400
I've posted before, but not often.  And have regularly received excellent
advise from Fred and Randall as well as the list.  Thanks to all.

After virtually re-building drag-link including new silent block bushings,
idler arm, re-balancing and alignment, changing wheels for best up front, we
drive smooth then a noticable vibration at 50 MPH, steady and rough to 60 MPH
then SEEMS to smooth out some.  So I am now blocked.

I am considering wire wheel retrofit, but Fred warns that even with 60 spoke
wheels, this can cause problems down the road.  Alternatively the mini-lite
replicas from Moss are an option.  I would love to stay with the steel wheels
and Triumph covers (I have two sets of steel - 8 + spare = 9 total), none
which I have confidence in at this point) but the vibration really is
bothersome.

Any suggestions?  Can the vibration be coming from elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Stu Graham
Brunswick, GA
TS 57892