Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: "John Peacock" <mnypitgarage@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:31:06 -0400
Cc: "Triumph Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Oh yeah, you cannot finance a nice reliable $10,000 series LR or TR3 and
neither has air conditioning for those hot humid days here in tropical
florida.  I would rather sit in cool day constant rain any day than the
turrential downpours that we get here.  This summer has brought 50mph winds
and driving rain on a daily basis, from out of no where.

Oh yeah then there is the traffic.  The brakes in most modern cars are
barely adequete for this let alone antiquated brakes on a TR.

Beleive me, until recently all I owned was TR7s, TR8s and Spitfires.  I have
a buddy with a TR7 with 300k on the clock and over 150k on the current
engine.  While I drove 350 miles a week away from the city they were great,
I recently bought a Land Rover and a Spitfire as a back up.  The LR sat in
the garage broken and the Spit became daily driver.   Try driving a car that
size in a tropical Florida downpour on the interstate while the tractor
trailers are doing nearly 85 mph past you and nearly knocking you off the
road.  I bet a TR3 would be similar..  I felt like I was risking my life
every time I drove it.  A little scary looking at their lug nuts at about
70mph while they are flying past.

So I guess I would just say not to judge before knowing what it is truly
like here.  Not only that, Why on earth would I want to be that
uncomfortable and miserable all the time just to look cool and get that
occasional grin on 2 exit ramps a day if they are not backed up onto the
interstate.

John