Overheating in a TR4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overheating in a TR4
From: MARamos@smart.com.ph
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:23:37 +0800
Hi List,

My wife and I finally got to take our TR4 on a long trip yesterday.
Yahooooo!  Man, it was FUN!  Our group was composed mainly of Corvettes (6
cars), a Z3, a modified Miata and a Honda S2000.  Being the smallest (and
the slowest) car in the group, we were at the tail-end of the pack.  We'd
usually lose them on long straights but we'd eventually catch up in the
twisties (and traffic).  It was definitely a great drive!

I did encounter a problem on our trip back though which I would like to
consult the list about.  The engine appeared to run hot (almost overheating)
when I'd run fast but it would slowly return to normal when I would slow
down.  I'd check the water in the radiator whenever this would happen but it
would alway be full.  I had the auxilliary fan running throughout the trip
but this didn't seem to help much.

What could be causing this?  Help ...

Manolet Ramos
Manila, Philippines