RE: Tr3a period correct looking fog/driving lamp switch

To: "'David Templeton'" <davidt@opentext.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a period correct looking fog/driving lamp switch
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:24:55 -0400
Hi David, I just completed wiring up my driving and fog lights for my
TR3a. Dan Masters had drawn up for me two different hookup diagrams to
choose from. They are very detailed and correct. When making a decision
on what to use for a switch, I wanted it to look period. I did not want
to use a standard toggle switch from the auto parts store. List member
Ron Jernigan had given me a spare light switch; I took the switch to
work and a couple of our electrical engineers figured out that if a
section of foil was removed from the contact barrel it could be modified
for my use. This modification would enable the switch to have two on
positions, instead of the normal on (Parking) and a common on (parking
and Headlight). It works great, pull it once I have the fog light pull
it again and I have the Driving light, when you step on the dipper
switch the lights go off. The best thing is that it  has the same knob
as all the other dash switches.  I mounted the relays on top of the
support rail that attaches to the dash. The wires and fuses all tuck
between the heater and the battery box. Everything is neat clean and
very well hidden.

I have been trying to put the details up on my website for the past week
but I have had some difficulties with the diagrams. I hope to resolve
this problem soon and I will inform everyone when complete.

Take care
Ronnie Babbitt
1960 TR3A Ts71887 LO
1963 Sports Six