RE: [SPIT6CGT6] Re: Really Wierd Behaviour - diaphram differences

Subject: RE: [SPIT6CGT6] Re: Really Wierd Behaviour - diaphram differences
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 12:38:18 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I too..now believe that's where  my 'thin' one came from
> (stock ZS rebuild kits.)

> This time I am ordering individual ones, so we will see the thickness when
> they come in.

I've mentioned this before, but perhaps it bears repeating ... modern
gasoline, at least what they sell in the US, probably also Canada and the UK
by now, will eat original fuel system 'rubber' components.  This includes
soft fuel lines, diaphragms both carburetor and fuel pump, 'rubber' seals,
etc.  Anything made in the last 5 years or so should be safe, but beware
using 'NOS' fuel system components !

Randall