Re: Blown Head water plug

To: <ebk@buffnet.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blown Head water plug
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:07:45 +0100
Hi Jeff,

My first question is are you using a sleeved thermostat?

If not then this could be a contributory factor to your problem.

It is my understanding that if a sleeved thermostat is not used there is a
lack of water circulation to the rear of the cylinder head causing localised
overheating or a possible airlock. Either would blow a newly placed core
plug.

This only a suggestion of a possible cause, it may be just that the wrong
size was fitted. Core plugs come in metric and imperial sizes. As for a
sealer I always use 'Loctite'

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O