Re: The NEW Italian Job

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The NEW Italian Job
From: koblinger@linkline.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:42:17 GMT
I'm supposed to see the new Italian Job next Tuesday night. I'll report
though I'm not expecting much. They may have written off some new Minis
making this one but they wrote off a lot more in the original! Also in the
original they smash a Lambo Muira with a bulldozer as well as an E-type Jag.
They give the impression they shove Charlie Croker's (Michael Caine) Aston
Martin Volante drophead over a cliff but a Lancia actually took the fall. I
love how the mafia types all drive Fiat Dino coupes and the Italian cops all
drive Alfa Berlinas.

As long as we are talking about racing and car chase movies, how about Steve
McQueen's Le Mans (now on DVD!) and Vanishing Point.

Cheers,