Clutch MC in reserve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch MC in reserve
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:13:44 EDT
Well ... after changing the clutch slave cylinder 3 weeks ago and getting
good pedal resistance after the repair, the cluth pedal again started getting
soft. Good thing I kept the MC in reserve. Replaced the MC and now all good
again ...hopefully for more than 3 weeks. In removing the MC the rod simply
came out, the circlip had dislodged. Both slave and MC were original Girling
parts. Is there a way by the numbers cast into them to determine their
age?The numbers are as follows;
MC - 310680-D4
Slave - 313440 (opposite side - a cast-in of a bridge (London Bridge?) and
under this cast -in, REG A

Also, according to "How to restore TR2, TR3 ... by Williams, P 111 & 112,
fig. 9.3 it shows the cross shaft, and says that the slave cylinder push rod
should be connected to the middle hole in the side/lever crank. I'm pretty
sure that this had been connected to the bottom hole all the time I had it.
I've connected it to the middle hole. Any comments regarding this position?

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)