Re: Clutch MC in reserve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch MC in reserve
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:56:37 +0200
Ed wrote :

> Also, according to "How to restore TR2, TR3 ... by Williams, P 111 &
> 112, fig. 9.3 it shows the cross shaft, and says that the slave
> cylinder push rod should be connected to the middle hole in the
> side/lever crank. I'm pretty sure that this had been connected to the
> bottom hole all the time I had it. I've connected it to the middle
> hole. Any comments regarding this position?

Hi Ed ,
Just to confuse matters , Moss UK says to use the middle hole also , but Haynes
and
Triumphs "Practical Hints etc" clearly shows the bottom hole .
When I did my slave cylinder a couple of months ago I refitted it in the middle
hole
because the bottom one had worn oval .
Theoretically pedal pressure should be higher but I didn't notice any
difference .

Cheers

Mike