RE: spot weld removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spot weld removal
From: "triumph" <triumph@yankeespitfire.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 08:03:12 -0400
Ah spot welds... if you use a small regular bit and drill a pilot - it still
takes a steady hand to keep from going clean through -  it helps keep the
spot weld bit on track, somewhat... I ended up just using a regular bit a
lot to "overdrill" and grinding it smooth. The beautiful thing is, almost
all the spot welds are covered by trim pieces, furflex or carpeting so if
you get it a bit raggy nobody will know!
Hey Paul T. - how 'bout a poll on who hates drilling out spot welds? *grin*

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104 VTR #14429