Re: pad under the hood (bonnet)[TR4-TR4A]

To: "Bruce Clough" <clough@erinet.com>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>, "Anthony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>, "Bill DeWar" <pcdelux@worldnet.att.net>, "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pad under the hood (bonnet)[TR4-TR4A]
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 22:19:38 -0400
Cc: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "Darrell Floyd" <TR250Driver@aol.com>
  From: Bruce Clough
  To: Fred Thomas ; James R. Holekamp ; Anthony Rhodes ; David Hammond ;
Gerald Van Vlack ; Bill DeWar ; TR List
  Cc: Lou Metelko ; Darrell Floyd
  Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 9:07 PM

  Folks,

  None of the original factory photos I have, or any of the sales brochures,
  shows this pad.  I can see where it would be a practical thing since the
  thermostat housing on our '62 had rubbed the paint on the hood.  I had a
  late TR4 (36000+ number) that didn't have a pad and it was very original.
  We also had a guy in the local club with a 41000 number TR4 and it also
  didn't have a pad.  None of the cars I have judged in several TRA's and
  local Ohio shows have had one.  I've also parted out several early TR4A's
  and never saw such a pad, but did note where the thermostat had struck the
  hood!

  That said, this could have been a dealer addition, or it could have been
  something added nationwide via a dealer service bulliten, although I do not
  have such a notice in my list of service bullitens.  As with all
"anomalies"
  if it is on the car and the owner can find some way to vouch that it came
  from the dealer new that way, then the originality will be established,
then
  all that has to be judged is the condition.  If not, then the originality
is
  in question.

  Hey Lou, did your TR4A come with a pad like this?

  Bruce