TRF gas tank problem.

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF gas tank problem.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 08:56:33 -0700
I thought I would report a problem I have encountered with a TRF gas
tank.  Maybe someone here has a better fix than TRF suggested.

I purchased a new tank for a pre 60,000 TR3A from TRF a couple of months
ago.  Preparing to install it yesterday I noticed a problem.  The bung
that the banjo fitting for the tank vent is not correct.  The original
tank had a 1" diameter bung with a flat mating surface.  The new tank
has a .75" bung that is bevelled downward into the bolt hole.  The
design on the new tank leaves only a thin edge for the banjo fitting to
seat against.

Discussions with TRF this morning resulted in a recomendation to use a
plumbing grade rubber washer to seal the banjo fitting to the bung.

Has anyone on this list delt with this problem before?  Anyone have any
other ideas?

        Thanks,
        Tom