RE: buying/selling cars on eBay (no 6pack content)

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: buying/selling cars on eBay (no 6pack content)
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 09:46:36 -0600
I agree with everything Randall suggested here but will add a comment
based on last nights local news there has been a rash of fraudulent
cashiers checks and money orders being passed lately. So be aware even
if a bank teller says the check or money order is good if at a later
date the bank finds out it isn't you are the one out the money not the
bank. The suggestion this new report had for dealing with this is to go
to the bank with the person have them cash the check or money order
themselves and give you the cash. All that said an escrow service covers
both of you in light of this situation.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet