Re: buying/selling cars on eBay (no 6pack content)

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: buying/selling cars on eBay (no 6pack content)
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 19:04:42 -0700
I bought a Triumph on eBay and (IMO) paid less than the car was probably
worth.

I sold a car on eBay and (again IMO) got much more than I could have
locally.  In my case the sold car was a Fiat -- limited local appeal but
there is a market out there and eBay reached it.

I did not use an escrow service either time but then I was blessed with
an honest seller and later a trusting buyer.

Would strongly recommend the money move by wire transfer.  I think that
is the safest and surest way.  As Randall noted, cashier's checks may
not be a sure thing and even cash is questionable these days (lots of
phony big bills in the world).

Full disclosure of the accident damage and results of the repair should
limit the chance the deal will fall apart.  I tend to be wary of people
"selling it for a friend" or being an amateur reseller... stress that
you owned this car and can account for it'sd history.

Geo Hahn