Re: tire slime

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire slime
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:25:18 +0100
Dave

> >Does anyone care to comment of tire sealers?  I have one tire that has a
>very slow, but definite leak.  I have had it in twice to the tire shop to
>be
>remounted, but it still leaks down (about 1 pound per day).  I was
>considering trying one of the internal sealers (tire slime) in hopes of
>sealing it that way.
>
>Any suggestions (or horror stories)?

Is it an alloy wheel or a steel one? Steel ones tend to rust and then the bead
seal leaks air

If refitting the tyre doesn't cure it, take the tyre off the rim, clean up the
bead area and refit it. If that doesn't cure it, try swopping the tyres between
rims and see if the leak follows the tyre or the rim

If it follows the rim, and cleaning doesn't help, junk the rim

If it follows the tyre - junk the tyre!

I wouldn't want to run on a tyre that's held up by sealant. My life's worth
more than that

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk