Keepn' My Cool !!!

To: "Triumphs Email List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Keepn' My Cool !!!
From: john & patricia donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:37:38 -0700 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g9M6NuPD019661
OK Guys,

On my way back  from Triumphest  in Nevada in my TR4A, the traffic was
terrible, and traveling through the desert is hot, Sitting on the freeway
idleing, looking at Cholla cactus, is not very condusive to keping the temp
gauge out of the red. So, today I started working on it by flushing out the
cooling system. My system is now "virgin"...: the water is clear and flowing.

So, what's the best way to keep my cool?

Is it Prestone in mega doses?  Phosphate or non?  1/2 or more?
Is Redline's "Wetter" any good?
Should I look into a new radiator?
How about the yellow eight blade fan?  Charles had some on sale at Triumphest,
is it worth it?
Is the radiator duct really needed? Which one is best? (The cardboard ones seem
to fold at slightest moisture).
Should I install some sort of port to help the "backflush"? Where? What
pressure is needed to backflush?

So many questions..... I'm confused.........Give me wisdom.

John in San Diego