Re: Keepn' My Cool !!!

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, pdonnel1@san.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Keepn' My Cool !!!
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:38:29 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/2002 8:05:48 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
ZoboHerald@aol.com writes:

<< At risk of repeating myself to some of you, my Herald ran hot  (needle
just shy of being "pegged") all the way from NY to MN this past summer on my
way to the VTR Convention. With ambient temps in the 90s, I wasn't terribly
surprised. However, while in MN I took the opportunity (at the free car wash
setup provided by the host club and the resort) to thoroughly flush the
system, including the aforementioned probing. Problem solved, and the needle
never went beyond the half-way point on the gauge from that point forward,
including the trip back to NY in the same 90+ ambient temperatures.

Not LBC but surely related, my 99 durango started to run hot, especially when
in traffic with no ram effect on the radiator, and even hotter than usual
while running at 80 MPH AC full blast,  through the Sonoran desert down in
Mexico where I've been hiding out lately. Checked all the obvious stuff. Even
blew air reverse through the fins. Then a car guy friend stopped by and we
talked about overheating, he took the garden hose with a high pressure
nozzle, blew water through the radiator fins back to front.  Guess what. A
bunch of crap washed out, especially at the top and edges of the radiator.
Problem solved.  Cheap and quick fix and now a regular maintenance item on
all the vehicles. Thought air would do the trick.  Must be all those Mexican
bugs stuck in the fins.

Bob Paul