RE: UPS warning

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, M Brooks <mike@gsta.net>
Subject: RE: UPS warning
From: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 01:22:57 -0400
I am sorry to say but FED-EX does not charge you brokerage fees because they
don't have an in house broker. They are automatically passed on to a
brokerage house that will bill you later. It has happened to me 3 times and
FED-EX says that there is nothing they can do.
To my knowledge, they only way to avoid brokerage fees is to ship UPS and
clearly indicate "NO BROKERAGE" on the box, commercial invoice. Big enough
that a person with poor eyesight can read. Otherwise, they will say, "Sorry,
but it wasn't clearly indicated."

Patrick

ps. UPS suck.