RE: UPS Warning

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: UPS Warning
From: "r suggitt" <rksuggitt@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:24:11 -0400
On my last shipment from the US to Canada I insisted on having the item
shipped US Mail to avoid the high UPS fees.  When it arrived at the border it
was transferred from the US Mail to Puralator, who then promptly added the
usual fees.  When I called to question how something entrusted to the mail
system ended up in the hands of a private company I was told that  Canada Post
does this occasionally to reduce backlog at the border.  So much for my
planned $5 flat fee.  Of course Puralator wouldn't release the package to me
without paying their added fees.  It just seems wrong to me that Canadian Post
freely gives your package to a private company...isn't that mail theft?

Rob