Re: [triumph_herald] Heralds, Master Cylinder swapping

To: John Kipping <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Heralds, Master Cylinder swapping
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:44:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Herald Triumph <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello John K.,
Thanks for your response.

You wrote:
"The master cylinders you have are common this side of
the world - (with Made in Australia)"

Petunia the 1965 Herald Convert, is UK built so these
must be DPO replacements.  I thought they looked a bit
shiny for a 37 year old car.  When I first saw Petunia
the DDDPO had #10 vinyl clad solid copper wire with a
bend at each end replacing the "pins and clips" that
hold the disc brake pads in place.  When I mentioned
to the DPO how unsafe this was he took it upon himself
to make repairs as some of the wheel brake hoses
appear newer, though used, than they should be.  A
very half-a**ed job as the brake pedal dropped to the
floor and had to be pumped to stop on the only drive I
took in Petunia.  I knew then that it would be quite
some time before I hit the road with her again.  The
MC reservoirs were filled with blue colored DOT-3 and
disolved rubber.

I have got 35 scanned images of Petunia ready for the
web.  I will slave away into the night(s) coding the
rudimentary HTML I know.  Will try smaller, faster

QUESTION:
What is prefered by most automotive web surfers?

Thumbnail links to large high resolution jpeg's?
  ...medium resolution jpeg's?

No thumbnails, just one long page with picture after
picture, ... the bigger the better or smaller?

Other options? Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Will notify the list when ready.

Happy Motoring,
Javier Vidaurre