Herald shopping, starting, question & tips

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Herald shopping, starting, question & tips
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Herald lovers,

Tomorrow I will be test driving a 1968 Herald Saloon
1200 that is for sale.  It looks complete, by Lima
standards with little if any serious rust damage,
though rust there is. The wood dash is a mess as are
seats; chunks of concrete are being used to adjust
seat height.  The car does not have a battery so I
will be bringing my own to fire it up.  I believe the
car to be assembled in Peru.

QUESTIONS:

Haynes says negative earth, Post 1967 1200 & 13/60.
The car has it's Lucas dynamo. With no battery in the
car for reference how do I verify this as a Neg. Gnd
car? Cable color?

If it turns out to be a Pos. Gnd car how do you
jump/boost start the car from a Neg. Gnd car (1996
Toyota Tercel)?

Any other sharable wisdom?

Reporting from Peru, Javier Vidaurre
http://faith.yahoo.com