Steering

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:26:48 -0600
I rebuilt the front end on my 76 TR6 last year.  Its tight, but I
noticed it relatively hard to steer when going slowly.  Well now that I
have the engine out and preparing to paint the engine bay, I have the
steering rack off too, and when I attempt to turn either of the steering
knuckles they are pretty stiff.  The car is off the ground on
jackstands.  I know this car doesnt have power steering, but is this
normal?  Or is this just the front spring exerting enough force to make
it hard to turn?  It does seem stiffer than I remember before I did the
work.

John Lumia - 76 TR6