RE: TR3 Heater Water Return Pipe

To: "'a Wallace'" <wallaces@superaje.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Heater Water Return Pipe
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:00:46 -0400
Scott,

> But its mounting tab
> was quite too long - I cut off the end and drilled a new hole.

I will concur with Jim on this one.  The new I got was welded and the
mounting tab was about 1.5" too long.  Trim and drill a new hole.  The bend
that goes parallel to the firewall was also not a full 90deg to the rest of
the pipe, more like 80deg.

I also found that the rubber hoses that go from the pipe to the firewall (
elbow pipes ) , need a little pipe sealent.  They slide on very well, the
clamps at max didn't completely seal them.  So, I ended up using a little
Loctite gasket sealent.  It looks and smells like grape jelly :-)

hope this helps

David A. Templeton
'59 TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Spitfire - FM10491L
Homepage
http://www.trandmustang.homestead.com

TR3a homepage