San Diego British Car Meet

To: "Triumphs Email List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: San Diego British Car Meet
From: john & patricia donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:31:25 -0700 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g973Htf14692
Hello All,

It was a wonderful day.  So many LBCs you wouldn't believe. My guess is close
to 250 in all.  Morgans, Jags, Sunbeams, TVRs, MGs, Land Rovers, Norton
motorcycles, Cobra, Daimler, Rolls, a few Rileys, a Berkley, lots of Minis,
both new and old, and, lest we forget, lots of Triumphs. TR2s, 3s, 4s, 4As,
250s, lots of 6s (one with PI), one 7 and one 8. Throw in a couple of GT6s and
Spits and there were 50 or so of our favorite model. The sky was clear, and the
weather in the low 80's. The grass our cars sat on was bright green. My
daughter and I sought shade and a cool drink while taking in the spectacle.

I was extremely impressed with the caliber of the cars that were displayed. A
few were professionally restored, but a lot showed the pride that the owners
individually put into them. I gave up trying to pick a Best-of-Show. Too many
to choose. Overall, each class demonstrated a high degree of preparation, and
each owner perked up when their car was preened over by the spectators.   It
was a great day.  I can't wait for Triumphest in two weeks.

By the way, who's going?

John in San Diego
'67 TR4A IRS