Re: National Triumph Owners Club

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: National Triumph Owners Club
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:57:18 -0400
Randall and all,

OK I understand the Groucho remarks better now. Scott Roberts did a good job
of explaining. Too much said on that subject already.

I've always understood the relationship of local clubs and the VTR as it
relates to membership. I do encourage local members to join VTR.

I would not carry my thoughts to the point that national level MG and Triumph
clubs should merge. Each has its following and is Marque specific. I do wonder
if there are National Midget Clubs, an MGC Club, an MGB Club (seems to me
there is a club for MGB's) and if there are then the same arguments do apply
but to that specific Marque. Carrying your rational even further why not just
have a National Car Club.(grins again). No I never intended to carry the
points beyond just Triumphs and I realize you know that.

My aim is not to get articles in The Vintage Triumph but to promote the idea
of a single National Club for the interest of all Triumph owners to join and
not to splinter the interest among several National Clubs. In my opinion there
would be more overall interest generated and yes then articles of published as
a result. That would be a single benefit, there may be others as well. Who
knows the possibilities.

Speaking as a voice of one I will promote that as individuals we should join
VTR and support their activities and in the process I would hope to bring the
other national special interest Triumph Clubs together into one organization.

JVV