RE: National Club

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: National Club
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 07:53:58 -0700
Fred Thomas wrote :

> I belong to my local Ford Model "A" Club and they "insist" rather strongly
> that each member belong to the National Club as well,and this I
> agree with, we
> must support the "Marquee" and not just the model on a "National"
> level.

Fred, I have to disagree with this too, on a purely financial basis.  By
forcing members to join two clubs, you've effectively doubled the price of
admission to the club.  This likely isn't an issue for a typical Model A
owner, but I know it is for some Triumph owners (as it was for me just a few
years ago).

Mind, I'm not complaining about high membership dues.  Printing and mailing
a newsletter costs money, even with all unpaid volunteers putting it
together.  But let's not raise the "price of admission" any higher than we
have to !

Randall