Re: Exhaust/Muffler system for '71 GT6

To: Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust/Muffler system for '71 GT6
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:19:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim Muller wrote:

> It is mellow enough for the neighbors, but the whole system has a
> dull roar between 2000 and 3000 rpm's inside the car that I'd sure
> like to make go away.  (The frequency I hear and the length fo the
> pipe make me think it is the fundamental frequency of the main
> exhaust pulses resonating within the pipe.)  Does everyone else's GT6
> sound like this?  Is there a [cheap] solution???

(Tell me again Jim, why you're looking for a cheap solution?)

I got the full header-to-tip stainless sport package from Rimmer for my
'73.  What with an incomplete shipment, no instructions or drawings,
parts not marked as to what they were, and the missing bitts finally
arriving after several email exchanges... and the header not fitting, so
that I had to get professional help for the installation....

Well anyway the sound is great, OKe a bit loud but very throaty and no
aggravating harmonics.  My only complaint is that it's more sound than
fury... still <90 HP or thereabouts.  :-)

--
Douglas Frank  DigitalWhoopsCompaqImeanHP Co.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,