RE: project car recommendation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: project car recommendation
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:57:06 -0700
> alright guys, i'm getting the shakes.  i need another project
> car.  the gt6
> was a little too small (getting in/out) and a little too hot.  what do you
> think should be the next project ?  based on availability of a
> base car (at
> reasonable cost), availability of spare parts (not retail) and
> maximum power
> obtainable (with enhancements).   so what do you think ?  spit body on gt6
> chassis ?  tr250 ?  tr6 ?  other ?

Larry, what about a Sports 6 with a GT6 drivetrain (or even a TR6 motor) ?
Kas Kastner even campaigned one of these for awhile.  The cabin seems
considerably roomier to me (although of course mine is still lacking all
semblance of an interior <g>).  Stock weight of a Sports 6 is only slightly
more than a GT6, still some 400 pounds less than a TR6.

Randall