Re: project car recommendation

To: lstein6@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: project car recommendation
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 13:33:59 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/2002 10:50:58 AM EST, lstein6@earthlink.net writes:

<< so what do you think ?  spit body on gt6
 chassis ?   >>

Larry,

After throwing my stock suspension, non-modified Spitfire around the parking
lot in TRF's autocross this summer, I think it would be pretty cool (and
relatively inexpensive) to make a Spit autocrosser and do it right (whatever
that means).  I bet you'd have fun with that project - Spits are very nimble
and offer lot's of opportunities for power enhancement. Parts are everywhere,
access to the engine couldn't be better and there's a bunch of people on this
list who really know what (and what not) to do to create a Spit racer.

Just my $.02.....

chip

Chip Krout

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - one of the last 500 built - restoration nearing
completion
1970 Spitfire Mk3 #FDU78512L - on the road and enjoying another driving
season!

Remember, it's all about power to weight ratio not necessarily gross
horsepower:)