Re: project car recommendation

To: "larry stein" <lstein6@earthlink.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: project car recommendation
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:06:06 -0500
Here are a few ideas:

Standard 8 with a Stag engine (hey, there's an "8" in the name, right?)
2500 Estate wagon with a 948cc Herald engine
TR4A with diesel tractor engine instead of gasoline tractor engine

Seriously though:

  I'm doing a 1963 Herald 1200 convertible right now. It's cute as a
button, has an incredible turning radius, and a decent back seat.

The mechanicals are Spitfire and are easy to get. Body and trim parts are
cheap and plentiful in the UK although the freight can add up. Feel the
need for speed? You can replace the whole suspension and power train with
GT6+ parts (six cylinder engine, front discs, rotoflex rear, overdrive
trans). You can probably cram a fuel injected TR5 engine under the bonnet
although I haven't actually measured it yet.

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com