VW Engine Story

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VW Engine Story
From: "Craig B. Foch" <cbfoch@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:13:31 -0700
Years ago I was a VW enthusiast and attended a VW car show. One of the
attractions was an engine R&R contest. Teams of two were required to remove
the engine from a beetle, drag the engine over a line ten feet behind the
car, reinstall the engine, start the car, and drive it over the ten foot
line. The only car preparation allowed was removal of the flexible ducts for
the cabin heater, and power tools were not allowed.

If I had not seen it done, I probably would not believe the winning time:
just under two minutes!