RE: TR6 Thrust washers: how bad?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Thrust washers: how bad?
From: "Eduard Tieseler" <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:16:59 -0700
The previous owner of my engine found a way to curcumvent the problem of the
thrust washers falling into the pan.  They ground some material off the back
of the bearing cap, drilled some holes, inserted some studs, and made a new
thicker thrust washer that would attach to these studs holding it in place.
Its pretty cool.

Eduard Tieseler

Hi Scott. I believe the spec is .004 to .008. You are supposed to be able to
drop the oil pan, remove the bearing cap, and replace the washer. You can
replace the bearings at the same time. I didn't do it this way. Mine fell
out and wrecked the crank.

- Hugh